Friday 25 January 2013

Liu Bolin - Modern Artist Inspiring The Advertising World

Liu Bolin has produced some more great self-portraits for the series Hidden Cities. The latest work brought back an advertising campaign that I had seen around London either early last year or the year before. The series stood out to me because the reference to Liu Bolin series of work. I only knew this because of being at university at the time and stumbling upon him during research for a project I had in mind (which never materialized in the end), the series I felt was a great way to advertise The Prince's Trust help to the young, with a tag-line "Lost Generation" and from afar an urban landscape image that when viewed  more closely you start to see this lost, invisible and upset individual materialize in front of you. When looking for this series I stumbled across a large amount of ad campaigns that have taken direct influence from Liu Bolin, from sports to alcohol and as mentioned the lost generation. With all the campaigns that I have found none have used Liu Bolin himself to create them, except one from Ford, which has a great post on Liu Bolin and how he goes about creating these great pieces of Modern Art.








No comments:

Post a Comment