Friday 4 November 2011

Occupy London Stock Exchange


Occupy Wall Street is a demonstration, sit in and protest against the corporations, banks and governments that have been a major part in this economical crisis that has led to millions of people, world wide being jobless, homeless and feeling the strain of the financial meltdown. All the while the 1% have still managed to walk around with millions of pounds, dollars and euros in their own pockets, the 99% are struggling in this situation. The events that took place in New York City over a month ago, has spread across the world. Thousands of people have taken to the streets to show their support for Occupy Wall Street and to protest for their rights and to help make a change that many people feel the 99% deserve. 

The other week I went back to London for a few days and decided to pop along to the Occupy London Stock Exchange camp at St. Paul’s. I didn't take many photographs as I was just wanted to see this event for myself and take in the atmosphere. Here are two photographs that I shot on the day using a Bronica SQA. I plan on going back up to London when I get some free time and continue taking some more portraits of the protesters, and maybe creating a mini-project of this event in London.





No comments:

Post a Comment